Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My craft swap gift is ready to send!

I am SO excited to be a part of Callie's craft swap over at The Magical Bean. It's my first swap, and I can't wait to send the gift to my partner sometime next week. I crocheted her a neck warmer with two strands of bulky yarn and a #12 crochet hook. I am including a choice of 2 different brooches to close it with.


It turned out to be so soft and cozy, and I love how the brooches turned out. The flower was based on a Martha tutorial. It was simple, but took a little fiddling to glue it all nicely in place. I also wished I would have had a bit more than 1 yard of lace on hand. Although it turned out to be a nice size, I would have liked to have the option of making it bigger. The other brooch is made from a wooden circle. I stamped it with a stamp from my Yellow Owl Workshop Cityscape Stamp Set. I love how it all turned out and hope it suits my partner!

2 comments:

  1. This is so great!! I love it :0). Your swap partner will be so amazed. I love the little details of the buttons you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thinking of making a bike brooch for myself now!

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...