Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Handmade Wooden Block Puzzle: Adorable Animals


Here is part of the baby shower gift I made for my little peanut. I think it's my favorite because my hubs helped me make it!


Simple but not easy. All it took was drawing out the animal pictures and wood burning them. I drew and Michael did the wood burning. I finished it off with beeswax polish and voila! A beautiful, natural, handmade baby gift that will actually get used!


I thought about using 6 blocks, but even my clever four year old has trouble with 6 blocks, so I just kept it simple at 4.

4 comments:

  1. These are fantastic! I have lots of children I need to buy presents for, but this is a great diy! I love it! (kittyh21 from swapbot)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Freya,

    I'm following you now. Hope you'll come visit and follow on mine. Cute puzzles.
    www.vintageterrace2.blogspot.com

    Coleen in Ukraine
    (coleenfranks)
    share your crafty blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo cute! I want to make some of this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute and its nice your husband helped out to make it that little bit more extra special.

    samash@swapbot

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...