Thursday, December 1, 2011

A Favorite Christmas Tradition


Making paper chains is one of my favorite Christmas traditions. It's so simple, but I've loved it since I was a preschooler. From a child development point of view, it's a great way for little ones to visualize how long it will take before Christmas happens. It also takes me off the hook for doing the math in my morning-grogginess for the daily countdown interrogation.


We just cut 1 inch strips of paper and assembled them in a pattern with glue dots. We decided to make Christmas 'gold' this year, and the kids were very excited to cut their first link. Hopefully I'll be able to get my decorating done in the next few days!

1 comment:

  1. love it! totally doing this this year! may add activities or prayers to each link/day...

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...